We keep cool when the wind picks up. With edge, passion, ownership and flexibility our office in Silkeborg, Denmark is changing the game – manufacturing wind power solutions for the future.
Want to know more about life at Ymer Technology and how we work globally to shape the future within wind, thermal management and off highway? Meet some of our team members!
Say hello to Jonas Vedin, one of our software engineers at our Stockholm office.
What does your role entail?
— As a software engineer for Ymer Technology I develop the control system for our TMS systems. It’s an interesting product to work with to get all the components in the system to work as efficient as possible together.
What path did you take to your current position?
— I studied mechanical engineering and specialized in mechatronics and control engineering. I have always been interested in vehicles and technology which had a big impact of the path I took in my studies. Working for Ymer Technology grants me the possibility to both work with interesting vehicles and develop our new control systems.
What innovations within batteries do you see as necessary for further development in the electrical vehicles’ category?
— Apart from the importance to further increase the energy density and enabling faster charging of the batteries, I think it is just as important to develop more energy-efficient and complete recycling procedures for used batteries.
Thank you, Jonas!
Hanna Jacobsson is our Group Human Resources Manager.
Can you tell us about your background before starting here?
– Sure! I have been working with human resources and communication in the industry sector for thirteen years now, both on a local level and with projects on a global perspective. For me, I think the ability to understand, develop and help implement the company vision into the day-to-day operations is what drives me in my role as HR.
What does your role entail?
– As a company, Ymer Technology have developed and grown immensely the past years. In my role I will focus a lot on implementing our company values, people management, leadership and to help create and build a strong business culture. For example, this fall all of our employees will take part in different workshops with the goal to build a strong company foundation for years to come, making sure all of our markets worldwide are working towards the same values and goals.
What drew you to Ymer Technology?
– I was looking for a company with a fresh perspective, where I could develop and make a real difference. The fact that Ymer Technology has shown such rapid growth rate and is an agile owner managed company were two very appealing factors.
Get to know, Tina Nedergaard – our HR consultant in Silkeborg.
How long have you been working at Ymer Technology and can you tell us about the work you do?
– I’ve been working here since January 2018. My main focus has been to create a strong HR tool box, so we are able to support the very fast-growing business. It’s been a very interesting and fun journey, which I have been very pleased to be a part of.
The office in Silkeborg has grown quite a bit, how did you manage the transition?
– Yes, we’ve welcomed about one new employee each month over the past two years here in Silkeborg. Therefore, securing the best candidates and creating the onboarding process have been crucial for us. As a HR consultant I’ve introduced all new employees to our colleagues, systems, products and departments. Furthermore, I’ve worked with GDPR, leave of absence, staff and management development, work environment assessment, company values and much more.
What would you say are important factors when building an organization?
– I strongly believe you need to secure a foundation for HR. Once that base is incorporated, you can create a safe work environment where both employees and managers contribute with great work, develop their skills and build a career within the company.
Say hello to Josef Graubmann, our Managing Director in our Munich Office!
Why did Ymer Technology decide to open an office in Munich?
– In 2017 we decided to expand into the German, Austrian and Swiss market and we opened an office close to Munich in the beginning of 2018. The German speaking market is the biggest for cooling systems in Europe, so it felt like a natural progression for us as. We strongly believe in a local perspective. Being close to our customers is a key for success, as that gives us the opportunity to provide the best possible service and support.
What type of work and services do you provide?
– We are working with our customers from first sketch to final product. Our primary focus is to consult our customers and to calculate and design top of the line cooling systems. Of course, we also provide installation and engine approval for the entire lifecycle of the product we manufacture. In addition to that our Munich office is the seed of our Thermal Management System for full-electric and hybrid machines. The concept and the initial functional prototypes have been developed and tested here in this office. It is now our focus to implement and keep developing this new product, both for Ymer Technology and for the electrification market as a whole.
Jeden Tag setzen wir unser Wissen, Können und Vorstellungsvermögen ein, um maßgeschneiderte Lösungen für die Probleme unserer Kunden zu entwickeln. Als skandinavisches Unternehmen verschafft uns unser Erbe exzellenter Ingenieurskunst einen Wettbewerbsvorteil. Schließlich sind wir